Westchester Property Tax Reduction

Westchester NY Property Tax Appeal Service

With the Sokol Group property tax reduction service, appealing your taxes is easy. We will represent you by building your case and filing it with the Board of Assessment Review. We will advise you on the type of evidence that is acceptable & how to navigate the courts. We will actually make the court appearances for you & do all the paperwork. We even pay the appraisal & court filing fees.

Here's How We Can Reduce Your Westchester Property Taxes:

Step 1:
Determine if you are entitled to a 
property tax reduction in Westchester County, NY.

Real estate taxes are based on assessed values which are often incorrect or outdated. Use our Westchester property tax tool to see if you are paying too much in your property taxes.

Step 2:
Sign the tax appeal authorization form.

The Westchester tax appeal form grants us the right to act as your representative in the Westchester tax grievance process.

Step 3:
We determine if your case is worth pursing.

We perform an appraisal on your Westchester County, NY home to determine if your case is worth pursing. We then send you a letter outlying the next steps & requesting additional information in order to build your case.

Step 4:
We appeal your real estate taxes.

We gather all the information & evidence needed for your Westchester NY tax appeal and fill out a property tax grievance form on your behalf. Then, we file a complaint with the Assessor, requesting that he lower the assessment to the proper amount. The complaint is then reviewed by the (BAR) Board of Assessment Review on whether the assessment is fair or not. Usually the BAR doesn't give many reductions. We then make a pretrial and trial date to take the town assessor to small claims court to complain about the BAR's decision. Most properties are negotiated with the assessor prior to the actual court date. The ones that aren't negotiated go to trial and are decided by the judge.

Step 5:
You save money! 

In most cases you will receive a refund of the overpayment in taxes. Only once we succeed in reducing your property taxes do we receive payment from you. If we don't succeed in lowering your taxes, there is no charge!


Ask us how we can help you with your

Westchester County Commercial Property Appeal


See all