Montebello, New York – A Sleepy Village With Historical Relics

Montebello, New York – A Sleepy Village With Historical Relics

Montebello, New York is defined by the borders that define the incorporated village. It is home to vast hills that provided good ground for the early settlers to this nation, and it still is strewn about with farms and mills at the end of long dirt roads.

The area is also known for its railways that opened up grand vistas and a world of opportunities to the populace when first introduced in 1841. Today, it is home to luxurious estates and attracts visitors who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Montebello hosts museums and theaters, parks for children, pristine lakes, hiking, and other recreational activities. In addition, there are historical markers for people of all ages, as it contains artifacts related the American Indians and the pioneers.

Demographical Information

Just 3,688 people live in the area, and these are comprised of 1,163 households. 1,023 of these contain families, and, on average, 845 people are living in each square mile in 1,182 separate units. Half of all these have children below the age of 18, and 81.7% have married people living together. Montebello is known for its strong ties to family and community, and this is reflected in its large base of committed relationships.

A third of the populace is below the age of 18 and just 4% are in the 18 to 24 range. 28% are 25 to 44 and 37% are aged 45 to 64. The median person is aged 38 years. 12% of households are comprised of nonfamilies, and 3.9% have a single householder aged 65 or over living alone.

Real Estate

According to Zillow, the current amount of homes for sale in the Montebello, New York area is 51. These are listed for an average price of $550,700, and the market is forecasted to increase by another 3.5% by 2019. According to Trulia, the house prices of 2018 reflect a 3.7% increase over the year 2017, for a total possible combined growth of 7.2%

Residents of the Hudson Valley, Westchester, Orange, and Rockland counties pay some of the highest taxes in the country. As such, they can find respite by beginning the property tax grievance process. Sokol Group has successfully helped hundreds of clients navigate this procedure and can help you as well. We invite you to reach out to us and welcome any questions that you may have.

Photo courtesy of By Alexisrael – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,

More from our blog

See all posts